Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The magic of music for a happy ending

Lana Jefferies Music LLC is no more and R.D. Kepple Consulting LLC is working with Dell Mack Productions LLC, in a joint operation. It is still a place of healing in the woods on the Enchanted Farmstead so named in honor of my late wife, Dora and my friend, Stevie Nicks and I like happy endings.

The name, Lana Jefferies Music LLC, was created to help a friend in a bad way.

Lana Jefferies-Rask was a friend who had a surgical procedure go wrong and the music company was created to give her purpose and she enjoyed making "Lana's Adventures," a day in the life of the CEO when she was outdoors with her friends. No one made any money, but the Missouri woman met a man from Colorado and they fell in love and settled in Kansas. So it was a happy ending after all!

Lana asked to discontinue the company when she started a brand new life that music helped to create for her.

The music and video studio with Green Screen created in a converted hay barn continues to improve the sound quality, appearance and professionalism. The independent studio works with production companies in the Ozarks when they need Green Screen shots with a low budget.

The studio now works with elderly music producer Delbert "Dell Mack" McKinnon and Dannie O'Reilly and they helped to create "Rick's Place," the studio in the hay barn. There is something magical about working with professionals who had their heyday on the stage and retired to fading away in songwriting. Being forgotten is just something that I personally do not agree with and if a music professional or amateur musician or singer wants to record, Dell Mack will work with them.

Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks had a telephone intervention with me years ago and she said, "You've grieved for your wife long enough" and it was Pathological Grieving where I could not let go. Every word I wrote in a story was about Dora. Stevie advised that I learn to play the electric guitar and at the time I thought it was the dumbest idea that I ever heard. Boy, was I ever wrong!

Learning to play the electric guitar helped me to shed all that pain from my heart and I am seriously not the same person that I was in 2004. My late parents always said that I was tone deaf and I discovered that I had to learn what the specific notes sounded like, so anyone can play music if they practice enough.

The music professionals have all been very understanding and very nice. I never dreamt in my life that I'd be let into that world and I'm very grateful. As a retired journalist, I now work for free to help some of the most amazing people in entertainment!

Songwriter Billy Arr has been a great friend to me and so was the late Basil Ray Campbell aka Ray Carson, and Edgel Groves Sr. as well as Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash. There have been so many people who I thought were uncaring people unless it was about money, but I was seriously wrong. They cared. About me. That's just weird. It was like an army of entertainers decided to secretly save my life. That's got to be of God!

This little studio of mine in a hay barn may never be a million dollar outfit like The Village Studio in Los Angeles, but maybe some good will come of all this crazy behavior of mine. The Aspie mind is extremely creative and I'd like to help the entertainment professionals. BTW, The Village even invited me to tour that legendary place where magic is made!

Lana Jefferies Music LLC is no more, except a name, but the studio is still a reminder that life can start over again, no matter how old you are. People do care about each other and in this time of so much violence, I think this story is pretty cool. It's like a Cinderella story where the pumpkin and the mice turn into a studio and a band and the only thing that is lost, is the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment